Friday, February 3, 2017

Trouble with the talk box



   So my Dynavox Vmax speech device really began acting screwy on New Year’s Day.  I would click on one item and get another.  Very strange and not helpful.  It had been acting up, and it was something like 5 years old.  I was thinking of getting a new one anyway – I think I’m eligible for one through Medi-cal every 2 years – and now I had to. 
   I contacted my local Dynavox rep and was told I had to make an appointment with a speech therapist for an evaluation in order to get funding.  I just want a replacement, mind you.  I called for an appointment and got one – for next Tuesday, February 7, well over a month after I needed a new device.  And I wonder how long it will take for the new device to be approved and shipped after the evaluation. 
   What I want to know is this: what if I couldn’t speak or was even harder to understand? Not to mention all those who aren’t lucky enough to have access to this wonderful technology.    

No comments:

Post a Comment